Articles a an the Exercises PDF – Indefinite and Definite articles, The words a, an and the belong to this group of words called determiners. The words a and an are called indefinite articles.
Articles in english grammar – Tense Exercises PDF. You can use them with singular nouns to talk about any single person or thing. a, an, the worksheets with answers pdf.
- This is a picture of an elephant.
- Rudy is reading a book.
- Mom bought me a new dress today.
- You will need an umbrella when you go out.
- She eats an apple a day
The article an is usually used before words beginning with vowels. The article a is used before words beginning with consonants.
The word the is called the definite article. Use the before a noun when you are talking about a certain person or thing.
- Granny is sitting in the garden.
- The street is very busy today.
- The sky is getting dark.
You also use the before a noun when there is only one. more Worksheets PDF – For example:
- the sun
- the moon
- the sky
- the front door of my house